Expanding the reach of aerosol drug delivery
Deliver a soft mist directly to the lung with
Penn-Century’s unique liquid and dry powder devices
consists of the MicroSprayer® Aerosolizer – Model IA-1C-M and the FMJ-250 High Pressure Syringe, which is required for use of the Model IA-1C devices. The MicroSprayer® Aerosolizer – Model IA-1C-M is designed for fast, targeted, air-free intratracheal aerosol administration to mouse. The device generates a precisely quantifiable, highly-concentrated, air-free plume of liquid aerosol directly into the lungs or other locations. It may also be used for intranasal or in vitro applications. It can aerosolize a wide range of liquids or particle solutions/suspensions, including pharmaceutical, and biologic formulations, contrast/imaging agents and toxicological materials. (It is does not administer dry powders.)
The portion that is inserted into the trachea measures 1.25″. For intrapulmonary applications, the tip of the device is gently inserted down the trachea of the anesthetized animal – near to, but not touching the carina (first bifurcation).
· Quick, precise aerosol dosing directly to the lungs – with no waste
· Purely mechanical, air-free technology
· Uses no heat, propellant, ultrasound or compressed air. No air burden to subject.
· Unique patented design is light, hand-held, easy to use
· Rounded tip permits safe, gentle intratracheal insertion
· Fully sterilizable, autoclavable and reusable
· Delivers a far higher volume and concentration than is possible with nebulizer/inhalation systems
· Produces a far broader, more uniform distribution than liquid bolus/droplet instillation methods
It is makes intratracheal intubation and insertion of Penn-Century’s MicroSprayer® Aerosolizers and Dry Powder Insufflators™ easier, quicker and safer. Each laryngoscope comes with a small, tapered stainless steel blade that is custom-made for use with a specific experimental animal. The blade assembly at the top of the handle is detachable. Additional blade assemblies may be purchased for use with animals of other sizes.
· Long-lasting fiber-optic LED light source offering clear, bright illumination
· Easy-grip handle in a curved ergonomic shape that rests in the palm of the hand
· Handle is coated with non-slip green Santoprene™ rubber
· Long-lasting illumination. Operates with a 3 volt lithium battery provided
· Custom-made stainless steel blade tip for holding aside the animal’s tongue
· Both the handle and detachable blade assembly are sterilizable and autoclavable
The Mouse Intubation Platform is specially designed to assist researchers working with PennCentury intratracheal aerosol devices or intubation procedures in mice. The Mouse Intubation Platform provides a simple, durable, lightweight, easy-touse system for supporting the anesthetized mouse during intubation and/or insertion of our aerosol delivery devices. Features solid Plexiglass®/Perspex® base and stainless steel support rod, easily attached to any standard lab clamp stand (not included).
· Special adjustable neck support with Delrin® fittings to facilitate visualization of the trachea.
· Stainless steel posts with plastic “wire” maintain the anesthetized animal in the correct position for intubation, suspended from the front incisors.
· Two side posts to secure the mouse on its back with a rubber band.
· Additional, adjustable stainless steel side posts prevent lateral movement of the mouse during intubation