1. Maintain and develop knowledge of assigned products and their common applications, undertaking appropriate training where necessary.
2. Provide various technical reports such as "field installation / repair", "incident review" and "corrective action requests" together with administration reports such as "time & expense" within the agreed standards.
3. Support marketing / sales, furnishing leads for system sales, upgrades, support contracts and other market intelligence whilst in contact with the customer.
4. Assist in knowledge transfer by training customers and other company employees when required.
5. Maintain awareness of, and minimize where possible, the level of expense incurred in day to day support activities, both in terms of time involved and parts consumed.
6. Perform work safely at all times, maintaining an up to date knowledge of health & safety requirements and operating in accordance with health and safety at work legislation.
7. Participate in training and development activities as required.
8. Undertake any other tasks or responsibilities in line with the scope and level of responsibility of the post, which might reasonably be required.
1. Post-graduate degree in physics, chemistry, biophysics, material science, engineering or similar field. A combination of relevant education and work experience may be considered.
2. Must have experience working with Scanning Probe Microscopy (SPM) with emphasis on Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM).
3. PC knowledge, both hardware & software.
4. Ability to travel at short notice. No restrictions regarding overseas travel & length of stay.
5. Must have excellent spoken and written communication skills, fluent in Chinese (Mandarin). English is a plus.
6. Proactive, self-starter who completes activities with minimal support.
7. Initiates actions to develop new and better ways of working.
8. Problem solver under pressure.
9. Builds long-term relationships based on trust and respect
10. Organised, with solid administrative/reporting skills
11. Rounded in approach – sees bigger picture as well as own priorities and needs